Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A slight setback

On Sunday Marc and I decided to make a trip to little rock to look at a car we were thinking about buying(which we did not end up getting). Thankfully Marc was off work on Monday so we had planned on staying the night. On our way down I had a severe abdominal attack. I had also had an attack on Saturday night. I had no clue what was happening. I thought it may be gas or Indigestion. When we got to little rock my mom knew something was off and decided to call a gastro doctor friend and had me talk to him. He immediately thought it was my gallbladder from how I had explained my symptoms. So Monday morning I went in for an ultrasound and they found several gallstones. After that I met with a surgeon, did lab work and prepared for surgery on Tuesday morning.
All that to say its been quite a whirlwind the past few days. Yesterday I had my gallbladder removed and now home in little rock recovering. Thankfully my parents are helping me with baby girl and helping me heal. It was an outpatient surgery but I still have 4 more scars to add to my others. They said this happens to several pregnant people or people who have just delivered. Not real sure why, but I'm thankful I got that thing out. The doctor said it was very inflamed and full of gallstones. I didn't know this, but passing those are very dangerous and they can get in your pancreas and that's super serious. So we are very thankful we caught it before that happened. I'm also thankful to be pain free, because those attacks are no joke. If you ever have severe upper abdominal pain on your right side it's probably your gallbladder so go get it checked!
This marks my 6th surgery so it was not that big of a deal, but I'm pretty sore today.



She was sad yesterday too that mommy had surgery.



Snuggling this morning. She makes me feel better!



7 comments:

Lindsay @ Hattan Home said...

Glad you are Okay little mamma! Hope you heal quick!

Linds said...

so glad you're ok! I thought I was having a gallbladder attack about 18 months ago. it was horrible, but ended up being a kidney infection. I can't imagine if the pain is worse than that! Hope you recover quickly!

Mallory said...

That's no fun! Glad you're ok!!

Charlotte said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear that you had to have surgery, but I'm glad to hear that you're back with your little one. Best of luck for a smooth recovery!

emily said...

Ouch. Glad you caught it early and hope you feel better.

Vicki and Don said...

So glad that you were right where you needed to be when this happened. Haven't had my gallbladder out, but have had appendicitis and that's no fun either! I know your mom is taking the best of care for both of you! Get well soon!

Cara Hamilton @hamiltonhousedesign said...

So sorry to hear about your surgery and yes, so thankful it was caught. Glad you have family to help.