Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Best Gift Ever

We had to do Christmas a little early with Marc's mom since we travel quite a bit throughout the Holidays. We also have just about had something every single night for the past month.
They cooked us a delicious meal, including a big, fat, juicy steak paired with a sweet potato. Marc's step-dad may be the best cook I know and it is always a treat when he cooks for us.

So for Christmas, his mother (whom I'm a huge fan of and love her sense of humor) gave me this!

Yep you read that right. A Happy Light and a nice bottle of wine. 
Who needs therapy after that combo :) I mean it has to be cheaper...right?

I loved it. The happy light is supposed to help with your vitamin D level along with seasonal depression. Don't think I haven't been using it... I love it. It is a very natural way to help promote endorphins verses drugs.
I don't really know if it works, but I did see it in the Brookstone store his past weekend, so I  know other people must be buying it!

The other day I felt like I was about to have a panic attack. It was cold, dark and rainy outside and I was home alone and Marc was out of town and Louie was on vacation with his grandparents. I don't do so well by myself these days, so I went home and immediately turned the happy light on and turned he tv on to get my mind off things. When I turned the light on, I prayed God's light would fill me instead of satans darkness. Writing that out sounds way cheesy, but I didn't want the light to become my go to "fix." So maybe the Happy Light paired with prayer really works! I felt much better after that and was able to calm down.

Anyways, I thought it was too hilarious and interesting not to share. Hey you've got to do whatever it takes to stay sane, so whether it is all mental or not, I'm still a big fan!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I think I might need a happy light lol!!

emily said...

Never heard of the happy light, but I might have to check into one!!

Glad you and your MIL get along so well!!