Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I did it!

I took the plunge and decorated my house early for Christmas. I did this only because we leave for thanksgiving tomorrow and tonight we are helping our friends move into their wonderful, newly built home 5 houses down from us!
I have never decorated ealry before, but I'm so glad I did so that I can enjoy for longer than 3 weeks. I also have never decorated without my moms help, so this was a big step! I guess you gotta learn sometime.

Marc was amazing in helping me. He was such a trooper and didn't complain at all. He also helped me do it all! So thank you honey! I couldn't have done it without you.

We started at 6:30 and finished at 9! Not too terribly bad!

What do you think?










He was loving it!



Finished product!



My willow tree nativity!



This tree is so special to me. I put it up every year. My grandfather made this with all my grandmothers jewlry in which he would bring back to her from traveling in the navy. I absolutely love and treasure this piece.











And the aftermath:


Yikes.

So glad to have it all finished before we leave town. It will be so nice to come home to!

I Hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving! We are headed to the lakehouse with my parents, marcs mom and stepdad, and his brother! Im so thankful our families get along so well. I feel tremendously blessed!


-- Post From My iPhone


1 comments:

Daniel, Laura and Noah said...

Michelle!!! THe house looks amazing!! I love the special tree from your grandpa! I'll send you a picture of our tree when I get it finished - you will laugh.
Miss you guys!