Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

5 years and counting...

Happy Anniversary to us! Today marks our 5 year anniversary. I seriously can't believe it. I know that sounds cliched but, seriously I'm 26 and have been married 5 years, What? Where does time go. I guess time flies when you're having fun. Fun is exactly what the past 5 yrs have been. Marc and I have enjoyed our time together very much. We love being spontaneous and being able to go and do whatever the heck we want.
We are by no means perfect people, but I would have to say we are pretty perfect together. We have very minimal fights, mainly because we don't like drama or being upset. We learned early on in our marriage how to handle each other...aka Marc learned how to deal with me. Ha
I'm so thankful to have a husband that loves and cherishes me for who I am. He is my rock and keeps me grounded in so many areas of life. He respects me and lives his life above reproach. He takes care of me and provides for or family. He takes care of our bills and all the not fun stuff in life and never ever complains about that or better yet anything else. I can't wait for then next many, many years together. He will make such a great father.
It was definitely love at first sight for me. Not for him, but for me. I was obsessed, smitten, crazy, stalkerish. I will admit it was not normal. I even felt crazy because I had never ever acted like that. Good thing the Lord took care of the rest of the story. I can't imagine life without him. He is my world.


Here are some pictures to look back at our wedding. We got married in Little Rock at my old church that I grew up in and where my parents got married. It was a special place for me to be able to have it there.



















You can read the story of how we met and see more pics of our wedding day in this post HERE.


Marc, thanks for marrying me. I love you!


3 comments:

kate said...

So sweet, Michelle! Happy Anniversary...I remember the day five years ago very well! You know Wes bought my ring the next day. :) I guess he just saw the love at your wedding and thought, why not?! Haha!

Julee said...

Happy Anniversary! You were a beautiful bride! Hope you have a good weekend! Stefan and Halle will be at my house this weekend if you want to come see us! :)

Lindsay @ Hattan Home said...

what a sweet post! Happy Anniversary!