Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A packed weekend

Well we we had a wonderful anniversary weekend getaway that was spent in Branson. We ate at a FABULOUS new steakhouse at the Hilton down at the Branson landing. It was called level 2. and was much like a Ruth's Chris. It was soo yummy. I had a filet w/ broccolini and garlic mashed potatoes. Then for dessert we had the Missouri butter cake. Umm one word- Incredible. It melted in my mouth. It had this caramel bourbon sauce that had melted down into it topped with fruit. This dinner was definitely one to remember. We had great conversation and a blast thinking back on the past 5 years. On Friday we shopped til we dropped at the outlet mall. We found some good deals on clothes which was our anniversary present to each other.
Later that day we headed to a lake house on table rock lake to meet up with our community group. It was one of our friends, parents lake house that was also incredible. We had a blast hanging out, eating, and playing on the water.

On Saturday night we grilled out and then Marc and I had to head back to Fay town because my parents were in town to move in my little sis on Sunday.
The long awaited 8 years is FINALLY over for me. We get to live in the same place now which is so exciting. Sunday we spent unpacking a dorm room and getting the necessary supplies needed to survive at college (aka, food!)
My mom stayed until this morning and I took a half day of work yesterday so that I could spend time with her. We haven't done that in awhile so that was nice hanging out together. We de-stressed by shopping, eating mexican, and going to see the movie Eat, Pray, Love.

Now I'm exhausted. So I will leave you with some pics.

auto-timer and awkward. This is our only 5yr pic.

 Lake Time!




0 comments: