Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day, Take 2

Today is the 2nd snow day at home. Most things are closed here in NWA and the roads are still treacherous. It was 6 degrees this morning and will be 1 degree tonight and apparently more snow on the way next week. I wasn't quite aware that I lived in a frozen tundra, but it sure looks and feels that way.
It has been nice to have a few days at home, but one more day and I will most likely go stir crazy!
Here are a few pics from the past couple of days
This was the news report on monday night... I mean really?

yesterday afternoon

naptime and laying around with our friends who so happen to be our neighbors 

 while the boys played the wii


The snow is beautiful, but it is just about too cold to even go out and enjoy it.
If I had even known or had a little more time to plan for this snowpocalypse I would have been making this yummy soup recipe that a lady at work told me about! It seems like the perfect to soup to warm up with.

Stuffed Spud Soup 
2 lbs. frozen hash browns, thawed
½ cup butter (you can use less)
½ cup chopped green onion
1 (10 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
Salt and pepper to taste
3-4 cups Half ‘n’ Half or milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Saute’ onion in butter. Add soup, Half ‘n’ Half, and thawed potatoes. Stir in cheese and heat gently. (Serves 8-10)


I really hope to try this soon because it looks yummy!
Happy Snowpocalypse! 

0 comments: