Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy 50th Birthday Mom!

Yesterday I had the privilege of throwing my mom a 50th surprise party! This is something I've never done before and I had a blast. My mom is amazing and does so much for other people so I was excited to do something great for her!
I also wanted to give her a memorable gift, so I had all of her old & new friends send in letters and notes and then I placed them all in a scrapbook. She loved it and was super surprised. (little did she know there was a lot more to come!)

After being very difficult, we finally got her there! She was shocked!

 and so cute

 food table

 the banner I made: "50 & Fabulous"

 my wonderful fam!


this was her nice little bday present from my dad!
                                                                      oohing and awing

                                                          all her sweet tennis friends

her mom even got to come! Another secret surprise!

Well I think she was truly surprised and loved it, even though she had repeatedly said she did not want a party. I just hope some day I can look as good as she does at 50. I definitely did not get her beautiful legs or skin. But maybe there is hope!
I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful mom. She has sacrificed so much for me and I will forever be grateful. I'm blessed to have her as a mom and this was the least I could do for her. She most definitely deserved to be loved on for the day!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday Mom! Love you.

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
This free picture collage created with Smilebox

2 comments:

Julee said...

SO fun!! I am so glad you pulled it off and she had such a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am really glad to find this. Good job!