Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Don't Ignore...


April 22-28, 2012 is National Infertility Awareness Week, a nationwide campaign intended to educate the public about infertility and the concerns of the infertility community. Since 1989, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association has led efforts to celebrate this special week by hosting events and activities designed to encourage grassroots advocacy and motivate the infertility movement.

I wrote a post about this a year ago. Once an infertile, always an infertile. I still feel very strongly about the subject and feel the need to educate others and be an advocate for those that are still dealing with it. It's not just a problem but an actual disease that I don't think a lot of people recognize!
I love that they are trying to get more recognition in Washington for those in office so they too can be more aware of how it affects so many.

Thanks for being aware and thanks for reading this blog. I have tried my best to shed some light on this unfortunate topic.

1 comments:

The Lady of the House said...

You probably don't remember me from college, but I wanted to add a comment on this:

We struggled with three (!) failed pregnancies in a row... and I remember the anger and bitterness at God after each baby died.

Infertility is awful, but I think it brings an extra dose of joy when those you do have wonderful children born. (P.S. it's a great story now: we have baby #4 due in September. Never give up. It's all completely worth it.)

On another note, my SIL has scoliosis and she had two totally healthy babies with uncomplicated pregnancies. I don't know if it helps, but it might give you a sweet piece of hope.

Jill