Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Newness of Life

I just love spring and what it brings. I came home a couple of weekends ago to a fun surprise of freshly planted spring flowers in my yard and pots. While I was out of town, my sweet husband had been busy getting our yard all nice and springy for my return home. It made me so excited. I love flowers and attempting to keep them alive. (Marc is dying laughing when he reads this, because I have a black thumb instead of a green one, hence why he did the planting).
Either way I love spring and what it brings. I love watching things bloom before my eyes. Everything gets greener by the day, leaves begin sprouting, and blooms begin blooming. I feel like my soul is refreshed each spring time.









It also reminds me that I too have been given a new life. Not just a new life growing in me, but a new life in Christ. As we approach this Easter, I think about the sacrifice on the cross and how God sacrificed His one and only son so that our sins could be forgiven. Then I think about how yucky my heart is and why would I ever deserve a gift like that. We deserve nothing in this world, but have been blessed with His love which is sufficient for us. We don't have to do everything on our own, we have someone that is here and willing to be near if we will let Him.

As I have been reading through the Easter story and reflecting this week, I think about what must Jesus must have felt the week of knowing everything was about to change. I'm sure he felt overwhelmed, scared and hopeful. Hopeful that we may know Him and turn to Him after knowing that the ultimate sacrifice was made for us.

1 Peter 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

Romans 1:4-5
And Jesus Christ our Lord was shown to be the Son of God when God powerfully raised him from the dead by means of the Holy Spirit. Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name.





He has Risen!!! Enjoy Easter everyone.

0 comments: