Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Christmas Gift

Wondering why I already have my Christmas present...
Well you may remember this little story. Hint, Hint... it involves the e.r. and my wedding ring. You can read about it HERE and HERE.
Anyways, that happened back in July, and it is now December. Since there was so much damage to the ring, they were going to have to completely re-make the setting. Since it was our 5 year anniversary back in August, we just decided to to get a new(er) setting. I looked at tons of different ones, and I knew exactly what I wanted. Since we were still using my diamond, I had to find a setting that it would fit in which was way more difficult than I thought it would be. I found a couple I really liked at Kay Jewelers, but Marc didn't really love them. So we decided to use my parents jeweler that they have used for over 20 years. He is wholesale so we got a great price. With that great price came great drama. I will save you all the long details, but in short a ring was made that looked like nothing I had seen or had in mind, so I had to send it back and have it re-done AGAIN. Basically it just took a really, ridiculously long time to finally get one.
6 Months later, Ta-da!


 Here it is!
 and i love it!

Well there you have it. My wonderful birthdat/anniversary/Christmas present! 
I don't plan on picking anymore cuticles. Or having this one cut off EVER.
Thanks Marc for my beautiful new setting! Merry Christmas to me!


3 comments:

Julee said...

That is gorgeous!! I love it!! Merry Christmas!

Lindsay @ Hattan Home said...

oh its so perfect, i love it!

Elizabeth French Cooper said...

Oooh fancy!