Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Sharing

I was inspired the other night while reading my devotional, "Rain On Me" by Holley Gerth. The title was Share Rather than Compare. My favorite quote from the devo was " When we share rather than compare, we lighten the weight of grief both for those around us and for ourselves because we truly begin to carry each other's burdens."
As I began thinking about this, I kept thinking to myself that is exactly right. If we never share our stories of pain, grief or hurt, how can we as believers ever help one another out? A lot of times we all think we can handle whatever we might be going through, but why wouldn't we want prayer warriors surrounding us?
The devo also talked about pain. The worst pain we will ever feel is our own. I know I compare my pain a ton, and always in the back of my mind I think it could always be worse. Another quote that I loved was, "That kind of comparison trivializes our hurt and keeps us from allowing ourselves to grieve." It made me realize it really is okay to embrace our hurt and it is okay to grieve about my particular situation.

I feel very passionate about sharing my story of infertility. Many people deal with this pain for years and never tell a soul (or maybe just their families), but for me getting it out there made me feel so much better. I feel supported from complete strangers, I have met new friends, and I know we are being prayed for, which is the most comforting of all. When I meet someone that is struggling with this ugly, miserable thing it creates an immediate bond that no one else can truly understand and I just can't imagine doing this alone.
So I encourage you all, if you have a story, share it. I promise you will be surprised how it may help someone else or encourage them that they are at least not alone in what they are going through.

Galatians 6:2
"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ"


If you have a prayer request and feel led to share it, please leave me a comment or email me at
mlyount12{at}yahoo.com. I would love to pray for you...

3 comments:

Linds said...

I love that part about trivializing our grief. I am a huge believer in people grieving for where they are at. I always hear people say "I feel so stupid because I feel like this but there are worse cases..." and it makes me so sad for them. Thank you for sharing your story and journey. I'm praying for you and Mark!

MeLaNiE said...

Love the quote! I will be praying for you! It is definitely a huge comfort knowing people are praying for your journey. This is my 3rd summer searching for a teaching job. I have been an aide for the past 2 years, and have searched every summer. I had an interview yesterday, and just knowing that people were praying was a huge comfort, even if I don't get it. Please pray :) I will find out tomorrow or Thursday and will keep looking if I don't!

Lindsay @ Hattan Home said...

Michelle, Just want you to know that I LOVE your blog and I think of you often! Love you Lady! ps. I totally bought that book on amazon because of you!