1 box of white cake mix (prepare as usual)
Now for the good part:
Whipped Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then fold in whipped cream.
We eat this cake at the lake every 4th of July and it is for sure a crowd pleaser. If there are several of us we have 2, because 1 just doesn't cut it. I promise you will not be disappointed. You could also do other toppings if you didn't want the fruit of top of it. It is also good without a topping because the icing is so yummy.