Monday, June 27, 2011

Baby Beck's Shower

Yesterday I had the opportunity to host a wonderful shower for my friend Louise. She is due with a boy at the end of July. This was the first shower i have actually ever hosted at my own home and I really enjoyed it. I have really started loving to plan parties. I loved doing my moms and I loved doing this one as well. There were 8 total hostesses so I had a ton of help which made it way less stressful.

Louise is my "hippy" friend, so I knew immediately that I wanted it to have an "earthy" theme to it. The colors were mainly green and cream with some blue thrown in. Instead of doing a lot of flowers we did plants that she could take home with her (which she loved). For food we did, cream cheese/cucumber/dill crackers, cupcakes, trail mix, hummus w/ pita chips, and fruit kabobs. It was the perfect summer baby shower menu. All pretty light and refreshing and it was all almost eaten!

 We had a blessings tree for her. People wrote sweet words of encouragement or prayers to her on little leaves. I sent her home with the tree and extra leaves so that when people come to visit her they can continue writing prayers/blessings to her, Ben and the baby.

 I made this banner on the cricut machine. I love that thing, it makes it so easy.

The fun party favors. Everyone went home with almost a whole garden because we had so many left over! One of the other hostesses did this and did such a wonderful job putting it all together.
I loved how they turned out.

Our hostess gift to the mom-to-be. A swing! I think she liked it.

Love her and can't wait to get my hands on that baby boy.

All the wonderful Hostesses that did a fantastic job helping me with everything,

I'm so thankful for the opportunity to have had a shower for Louise. It was a great time and a we had a pretty decent turn out. Hopefully she enjoyed it as much as we all did planning for it!


louise said...

aw, yay!! it was the best ever! so perfect!! love you mich!