Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Special Tree

I did a post on this last year, but I still love it so much and since it's my only tree this year, I decided to post about it again!
This special tree is one of my most prized possessions that I have in my house. It is definitely my favorite Christmas decoration that I have. My grandfather hand made this many, many years ago. It is made from my grandmothers jewelry. Lots of her jewelry came from overseas. He was in the navy for years and when he would return home he would bring my grandmother lots of jewelry back. Each piece is so unique and vintage made from bracelets, broaches, and necklaces. This is one of the only things I have left from them. My grandfather passed away when I was 3 and my grandmother passed away when I was in 3rd grade. I was very close to them as was my father. The awesome thing is he made 2, so my parents have one as well. I'm so thankful to have this special heirloom so we can think about them during the Holiday season.




1 comments:

Joys Truly said...

A very pretty decoration with a lovely story. So nice you know you will always have it!