Well this week marks the week of starting the ivf process. I officially started once again. I was still holding out a glimmer of hope, but that quickly dissolved when Af (Aunt Flow) showed up. I just kept thinking if we aren't supposed to move on, I will be pregnant, so it just confirms to me that I'm doing the right thing.
I've had a few thoughts as I'm about to enter this new phase or as I like to call it "chapter 3" of the journey:
* I'm absolutely terrified. I know we are supposed to do this, but it does not make it any less intimidating,
* I have to take it one day at a time
* I have to stay positive. I feel like I've read several blogs recently that have already gone through this and did not have positive outcomes. So I'm trying to prepare myself.
* I'm nervous.
* I don't want to get fatter and more moody...yuck.
* I'm excited to move on and have a plan
* I don't know how to not get my hopes up
* I don't know how I'll get through the Holidays if it is not successful
* God is teaching me how to be vulnerable through this. It's humbling. It's life-changing.
* I'm grateful for a supportive husband and family as we go through this.
* I'm grateful for a God that is bigger than me and way more powerful than any doctor.
* I'm going to attempt to have an attitude of thankfulness through this whole process because I am indeed thankful to even have the opportunity to do it and that is has been made available to us.
Thank you to all that are on this journey with us. Your prayers and sweet comments mean so much to us both.
1 Thess 5:16-18 (NIV)
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
3 weeks ago