Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Oh so Thankful

This would be my husband up in a tree with a chainsaw.





And Again!


A group of men from church decided to help do some cleanup work around Fayetteville from the ice storm. So a couple of weekends ago Marc got up early Saturday morning, put his work clothes on and then off to cutting trees he went. I thought what a great, servant husband I have. (while I lay in bed!) I did not try to think about it to much about the fact that chainsaws would be involved.
As soon as Marc got home, he said- "Honey you would have not been very proud of me." I thought to myself, well that's odd, I really was proud of him for going and helping people. He said, "I was really high up in some trees with dangerous chainsaws!" Great, that's what every wife wants to hear, right? I thought thank you Lord for keeping him safe. I told him to next time maybe think about the fact that I needed him more than those dern limbs be chopped down!

The next day we were sitting in church next to one of the guys that was there helping with cleanup. He had a journal with him that he was taking notes in. As I glanced over, me eye caught something (I promise I wasn't trying to read personal stuff!) It was a simple prayer asking for safety for that particular morning they were doing the cleanup. I thought, wow Thank you Lord for your protection when we don't even realize it. I felt so overwhelmed at that moment knowing and realizing God seriously protected Marc while he was up in that tree! I am oh so thankful for that!

Prayer is powerful!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).


Please continue praying for the Hall family. Brandon was diagnosed with stage 4 Lymphoma.

0 comments: