Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Day of the Lord

At church on Sunday, the sermon was on "The Day of the Lord." It was one of the most powerful sermons I have heard in awhile (or actually paid attention to). I mean a title like that, how can you not pay attention? Gary, one of our teaching pastors referred this day to the book, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible,No Good, Very Bad Day"


I used to read this book when I taught pre-school, it was always a favorite with the little ones!

The Day of the Lord will be exactly that, but way worse. I think I had just never paid attention to any of these details of this actual day. The message was out of 1 Thess 5:1-11. This opened my eyes a bit, it made me sad for those that do not know our precious Lord, because it will be them that have to experience this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. It seriously breaks my heart and makes me more aware of how I need to buck up and not be fearful to tell others about our Heavenly Father!

To listen to this amazing sermon go to: http://devaudio.fellowshipnwa.org/SundayMorning/Thessalonians/tabid/1384/Default.aspx

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

0 comments: