Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Clenching Fists

Last week at our staff chapel, Chip J. was speaking to our staff. {side note, I'm blessed to work at a place that allows us to have a time of worship and encouragement once a month.} So since this was our meeting for November, it was all about Thankfulness.
I feel like its kind of cliche to have an attitude of thankfulnesss just for the month of November. Chip had a great point, he said that whenever we are in a yucky situation or a not-so-fun season of life, to just stop, clinch your fist, and start counting 10 things you are immediately thankful for. This is a great concept for when you are having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, or month or year.

So here are my 10 things that right now I am grateful for:
1. Marc (especially thankful he made it back from India safely)
2. My family, (on both sides)
3. Vacation (that I get to go on soon w/ my mom!)
4. My job
5. Marc's job
6. food & water
7. my amazing friends
8. my community group
9. my church and community
10. heat!


So what are you thankful for these days?

1 comments:

Elizabeth French Cooper said...

I am certainly thankful for you. However, I probably would be more so had you listed my name particularly. ;)

This is a very good exercise. I've done it myself a few times. Maybe I need to revisit?

Also, I love the Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, reference. Some days are like that, even in Australia.