Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Updates and Such

I haven't done a good ole update post in awhile and I wanted to bring everyone up to speed on where we are on our infertility journey.
The month of July we decided to take a break. We took a break from meds, procedures, shots, appointments, etc. It was good, but I resorted back to my PCOS ways which reminded me that I DO still have a problem. Although I do respond very well to the lowest dose of clomid, it still immediately went back to the old ways which means a really long cycle.
So this past month, about 2 weeks ago we did our 4th and final IUI. We felt we needed to give that one last shot. The Dr.'s say to do it 4-6 times, and we decided 4 would be our limit. We also sent out emails and texts to a lot of our family and friends to get them on our prayer train (which we really had not done before). We felt a tremendous amount of love and support from everyone. This time it didn't feel like it was just us battling, but that we had a team backing us. It felt really wonderful and I wanted more than anything to be able to share some good news with all of our prayer team. Unfortunately the inevitable happened. The evil aunt flow reared her ugly head again.
So with that concludes Chapter 2 of our journey. Chapter 1 was trying naturally.
On to chapter 3....
We have decided to move on to IVF. We have spent a lot of time praying through this decision. It definitely has not been an easy one to make, nor did I ever, ever think that I would have to. I do strongly feel that God has made this available for us and we have been blessed with great insurance, so we are doing it.
We don't know when we will actually do it, we just know we most likely will go through with it.

Since we have had so much going on lately, I haven't had much time to process what is actually happening or has happened. The past 3 days have been a whirlwind. Yesterday we went to a funeral in Piggott, drove 3 hours and visited my dad in the hospital (he had a knee replacement surgery), then we drove another 3 hours and got home around 12:30am. Needless to say we are tired, brokenhearted and a tad overwhelmed. 

Thanks for sticking with us and praying with us! We really appreciate it especially entering in this next chapter.
To Be Continued...

1 comments:

Mindy said...

Michelle, thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you ALL week, and praying for you. And I'll be praying for this next chapter for sure! So proud of y'all as you battle through this hardship. Love you!!