Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

The Best Weekend Ever


I headed south to Dallas for the weekend. I had so many fun things to do I ended up leaving early Thursday morning before the whole crew headed down later on Friday. Several months ago we bought Coldplay concert tickets which is something that was on my bucket list! I decided to go early and got to see my bestie Mare and got the privilege of meeting her sweet daughter in the NICU. I was completely honored that she allowed me to go meet her and see her sweet face. If you don't know Olivia's story, she was a quad born at 23 weeks and has been fighting for the past 11 weeks of her life. Please go read Mare's blog if you haven't already or my post I wrote here.

I'm in Love!!! She is so perfect.

I also got to see my other friend Heather, who delivered at 31 weeks and got to hold her precious son, Beckham. Two miracle babies all in one weekend! I so happy they are both doing so well.



Friday night the rest of the crew got there. My friend Jennie and her husband came all the way from Austin to hang out. Again, so thankful. Then our other friends the Hartnesses and Cashions also came from Fayetteville. We stayed at the Westin and had a fabulous time. We spent most of the day at the pool on Saturday and had some good chill time (although I completely forgot to take pics).



Who invited these two?



Before dinner and the concert!



My baby daddy and our babymoon!



I have to say this concert crept up on me and it had not crossed my mind in awhile, but let me assure you, it was the BEST concert I have ever been to and probably will ever get to go to again. Even Marc who does not enjoy concerts loved it! It was incredible. That Chris Martin is quite impressive singing live.



Everyone got light up bracelets, which went along with the beat. Unbelievable.




It was such a nice, fun, refreshing weekend away to spend with Marc, fun friends and to also get quality time with friends I don't normally get to see. My heart is so FULL right now. I miss them all already.
I feel like I had an awesome mini-vacay.

1 comments:

Linds said...

I love that picture of Olivia! And how fun you got to see Coldplay... my siblings have told me I need to see them in concert before I die :) haha!