Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Race for the Cure

Last weekend I was able to participate in Race for the Cure in NWA! There was an amazing turn out of 18,000 people. Well thats how many signed up, not so sure they were ALL there, but still pretty amazing in this economy! Anyways, this was actually my first time to actually get up and go to it. I have been to a couple of them in Little Rock, and signed up a couple times while in college, but never actually made it race day. Sleep always seemed more important to me at the time! Now that I am more "grown up" I decided it was time to do it, plus its for a really great cause.
I signed up on my friend, Jenessa's team, "Brides for the Cure" I know I am no longer a bride anymore but I wanted to show her my support as well! Jenessa has her own event planning business called, J Bailey Occasions. She had huge set-up on race day with a big white tent, yummy Ricks for breakfast and fun swag bags and prizes that she gave away! The set-up was really neat. She did such a great job. There were several from our community group that came out. Even Stuart who wore a wedding dress the whole time while running the 5k! I stole this pic from Chelsea who I haven't seen in forever. She was in our community group the year before, but then moved to Little Rock while her husband is in med school. It was so great to reunite with her. Thankfully, she had someone snap this pic for us! I'm so glad because I did not have my camera.
It was a fun time! Next year I highly recommending signing up on the Brides for the Cure team! Its definitely the team to be on! (even if you are not a bride!)





Have a Fantastic weekend!

0 comments: