Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Love at First Sight

Today is my 4 year anniversary! WOW! Time has absolutely flown by. Yes, we got married very young, but I would never ever change that. I have not regretted one second, seriously! I'm so thankful and tremendously blessed to have the husband that I have. He is a leader, provider, helper and my best friend. I cannot believe it has been 4 years. It seems like yesterday that we met in the B.A. and the UofA.
I will now tell you how Marc and I came to be! {some of you have already heard this lengthy story, but I thought it should be documented here, since I'm documenting our lives}

It was my sophomore year in college, I had just returned to school from working at Kanakuk Kamps all summer. I had the mindset that there would be NO need to date anyone for the entire year. For real, that is what I thought. Until accidentally Marc and I had class right next door to each other. I had western civ in the B.A. which was a great mistake that should have never happened. Marc had some business class right next door. We ended up walking in BA around the same time, and coincidentally had many of the same friends but did not know each other. I soon started asking our "mutual" friends who this hottie was! They would always go on and on about how great this guy is, yada, yada, yada. I was not completely sold, but definitely thought he was HOT! I then began trying, and when I say trying, I mean stalking the poor guy almost everyday. I really wanted to "accidentally" bump into him. It then turned into me asking him to the pi phi house for chicken finger Friday, EVERY Friday. Then I was encouraged to ask him on a function, which was way out of my comfort zone. Something did not feel right when it seemed like I was doing all the pursuing. It turned out someone leaked the top secret info to him that I was going to ask him, therefore he totally knew and set it up for me to ask him, so I did! It took a lot, but I'm sure glad I did! Little did I know, he already had two other functions that SAME weekend, with 2 different girls. I thought "are you kidding me?" I have NO shot with this hot guy. Of course everyone else likes him. I felt like a loser. Turns out one of the other girls he went with he had already taken them out on a date. So I felt it was a true long shot for this thing to ever workout.

So back to the function, I had an absolute blast with him. We had tons in common, great conversation, and made each other laugh. I kept thinking, "man I wish I could date this guy, but too bad that won't happen."

The next day I was talking to my mother on the phone about this "mystery" guy. I was going on and on (kind of like I am in this post!) about this amazing guy. Except I thought he was a little shady for going on 3 dates in 1 weekend. For those that know Marc, this is hilarious and way out of character for him. While I was rambling, he beeped in on the phone and my heart literally started pounding out of my chest I was so excited. I could not believe he was calling! I mean OMG, right? Well he did not really call to just chat, he called to tell me about this ginormous deer he had just killed, Well of course I was super excited and most definitely wanted to see it. Therefore he brought it in the back of his truck and pulled up in the back lot of the pi phi house. And yes I acted the most excited I have ever been before over this massive deer he had just killed with his BOW! I held its horns, and said how awesome it was. Seriously I just thought he looked mighty nice in his camo. I mean the deer was huge, but you know my mind was elsewhere.
The deer is now proudly displayed in our home in the office!



The rest is history. Ok not really, but kind of.
He took me out on a double date to a basketball game a couple weekends after that and forgot about the other "girls!" from then on out!
That basketball game was November of 2003.
We got engaged February of 25, 2005! We were married on August 12, 2005!

I knew when I met him that if he would ever have me and like/love me the same way I loved him, we would for sure get married. So I guess you could say, I do believe in love at first sight.

I love the story of how we met. (even though its long!)
Not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for Marc. I feel so blessed to have him as my husband. I think about how we are starting this 5th year of marriage, and I really think it just might, possibly be the BEST! We seriously have so much fun together and love where we are at right now in our lives. And it could possibly be the last year we have without kiddos! ;) eek! Don't get your hopes up moms!

Thanks for reading! Hope your retinas are not bleeding yet.

I decided to make a slide for our wedding because I never did and though it might be time. Unforgettable was the song we 1st danced to, hence why it plays in the background. Enjoy!






1 comments:

oh little leah said...

Precious! Happy 4 years!!