Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I said yes!

Five years ago today my hubby decided to ask me to marry him. I had no idea it was coming. It was a complete surprise.
We started dating in November 2003. First kiss was December 2003. I was pretty darn obsessed with him. I felt and still feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have found my prince charming. I knew the first date that I would/could mary him if he would ever have me and feel the same way (No Lie). It definitely took him longer to figure that out, but I don't hold it against him. I was pretty forward.
It was interesting how we met. We had a lot of mutual friends and had a class right next to each other, which was always convenient to "accidentally" bump into him. Seriously, my heart would flutter on those days I saw him. I was sometimes even stalkerish...
Unfortunately, the whole pi phi house knew of this crush and I would get asked everyday if I talked to him or if I had asked him to this specific, upcoming function. Well a certain someone leaked this info to him and he totally knew I was going to ask him to a function so he set it up for me to ask him. How awesome embarrasing.
I guess it all worked out in the end. We did go to the function and we I had a blast!


The Night we got engaged! Feb, 25th. 2005
Marc asked me to stay in town and go on a date with him, so of course I said I would. Although, all of my friends had left town for the weekend (for reasons I didn't know why then, but now do) I stayed strong and didn't leave.
I waited for him to get off work. He was a bank teller at First Security. We went and ate at the MOST random place ever. Seriously, I have only eaten there that one time and haven't been back. Well we got there at 5, can we say early bird special. No lie, we and one other older couple was in there. Sort of awkward, but funny. The whole dinner he was getting on to me about talking about marriage with my roomate. You should know he told me he loved me 3 weeks before this night. I knew we would get married I just didn't know when. So I was talking about it a ton which he was not appreciating. Side note- We never looked at rings together, and never discussed wedding stuff. He was all about the element of surprise, which is great.


He then took me to this spot on the white river, gave a me a sweet journal that he read to me with many verses in it, and then he got down on his knee and PROPOSED! I was SPEECHLESS, shocked and excited! I could not believe it was happening. It was so memorable.


But thats not where the proposal story ends.
As I was still floating, we get in the car and start driving to who knows where. I didn't care, I was engaged to the love of my life and nothing else really mattered at that moment. I wasn't paying any attention, when all of the sudden we pull up to the springdale private airport. We get there, start walking to a plane and they open the door and my parents and sister are all in there with flowers and roses! Ahh another surprise! It was so fun. Then we flew to Little Rock and were there in 30 minutes. (Another side note. I had not talked to one of my friends, I was still too excited to think who to call, and plus you can't make calls in the plane).
we pull up to my parents house, go inside and most ALL of our friends were there waiting on us! They had made banners, brought gifts and made tons of food. It was another really fun Surprise.


That night I will never forget. It was truly amazing. Marc definitely outdid himself with all of the surprises. I couldn't sleep and was overjoyed that I was going to be able to spend the rest of my life with my dream man. I couldn't grasp that he chose me to begin a new life with.


So there is my lengthy enagagement story.


Here are some pics from my actual album. unfortunately I don't have the digital pics on my computer, so they are really bad quality.










0 comments: